- Estate Planning
- Elder Law, Family Law & Estate Planning
- Wills & Trust
- Trust Administration
- Asset Protection
- Veterans’ Aid
- Probate Administration
- Medicaid and Special Needs
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Child Spousal Support Modification
- Child Support Enforcement in Hackensack, New Jersey
- Civil Union Agreement
- Marital Property in Hackensack, New Jersey
- Paternity in Hackensack, New Jersey
- Prenuptial Agreement in Hackensack, New Jersey
- Spousal and Child Support in Hackensack, New Jersey
- Grandparents Rights
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Fathers Rights
Bringing over ten years of experience to his practice, attorney Maurice Giro of Giro & Associates, LLP is committed to helping individuals protect their assets and provide for their families after death. Mr. Giro takes a compassionate approach to estate planning and elder lawmatters and takes the time to truly understand his clients’ situation and goals. He is familiar with the various laws affecting the transferring of assets after death and can help his clients and their families have peace of mind when a death occurs. Mr. Giro’s estate law experience enables him to assist in a wide variety of circumstances: Whether his clients need to protect valuable and complex assets through a trust, to plan for Medicare and Medicaid benefits to assist with long-term care, or to pass on simple assets and personal items through a will, Mr. Giro is able to help deliver exceptional results.
When the death of a loved one or family member produces estate contests and strife, Mr. Giro draws upon the experience he has gained serving as Union City’s municipal prosecutor as well as a municipal prosecutor and public defender for West New York to help his clients prevail in the courtroom. A successful litigator must be comfortable with both the substantive law of the dispute and the procedures and techniques necessary to present the law and facts persuasively in court, and Mr. Giro’s two decades of experience have given him both. Mr. Giro’s education and experience make him a trustworthy advocate and ally in the courtroom to family members seeking to carry out their loved one’s final wishes.
Licensed in New Jersey, New York and the District Court for New Jersey.
- Union City Municipal Prosecutor (current)
- West New York Municipal Prosecutor
- West New York Public Defender
Mr. Giro is a proud member of:
- Elder Counsel
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law
- B.A., Thomas Edison State College – Humanities (graduated with Honors)
Mr. Giro is fluent in Spanish and English.